Sept. 14, 2021
The Council of State Governments
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Council of State Governments Announces its 2021
20 Under 40 Leadership Award Recipients
Lexington, Ky. – The Council of State Governments is excited to announce the 2021 recipients of the CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award. This annual honor recognizes the outstanding work of 20 up-and-coming elected and appointed officials from across the country who not only exemplify strong leadership skills but have also demonstrated a true commitment to serving the citizens of their states.
“The state officials named to the 2021 class of The Council of State Governments 20 Under 40 Leadership Award represent a broad cross-section of the exceptional leaders that successfully govern our states,” said David Adkins, CSG executive director/CEO. “Those recognized this year come from diverse backgrounds, different political parties, different branches of state government and from every region of our country, but they share a singular commitment to make a difference for those they serve.”
Congratulations to these 20 leaders:
- Rep. Jacquelyn Baginski, Rhode Island
- Director Cerron Cade, Delaware
- Sen. Julia Coleman, Minnesota
- Rep. Jeremy Gray, Alabama
- Rep. Destin Hall, North Carolina
- Sen. Megan Hunt, Nebraska
- Assemblywoman Sandra Jauregui, Nevada
- Sen. Cory McCray, Maryland
- Rep. London Lamar, Tennessee
- Rep. Corey Mock, North Dakota
- Sen. T’wina Nobles, Washington
- Rep. Daniel Perez, Florida
- Rep. Candice Pierucci, Utah
- Rep. Ajay Pittman, Oklahoma
- Rep. Jena Powell, Ohio
- Executive Director Patty Salazar, Colorado
- Rep. Sean Scanlon, Connecticut
- Rep. Jamie Scott, Arkansas
- Rep. Ponka-We Victors-Cozad, Kansas
- Sen. David Wilson, Alaska
The Council of State Governments is a nonpartisan organization that brings state officials together to learn from each other and to craft solutions to today’s public policy challenges.
“The hard-working leaders recognized with the CSG 20 Under 40 Leadership Award have demonstrated the ability to productively collaborate to achieve consensus and produce results,” Adkins said. “While they may be young, their public service honors the oldest and best values of our democracy.”
Award recipients will be honored at the 2021 CSG National Conference in Santa Fe, New Mexico in December.
To learn more about the 20 Under 40 Leadership Award, visit web.csg.org/20-40/.To learn more about The Council of State Governments, the nation’s only nonpartisan organization serving all three branches of state government, visit csg.org.